Selling Online Since Dialup 1998
Scarce Proof Chromolithograph Poster George Washington Family Mount Vernon 40 x 28
Large lithograph or chromolithograph poster based on the painting of Washington and Family by Edward Savage. This is truly a rare piece. Such so that I cannot find any information about it. There are registration marks on this so no doubt this a pre public release copy. It is similar to the Currier and Ives version but without the servant standing in the corner. (which might actually date this) Less details in the faces as well. Although the ships on the Potomac behind the family are very detailed. The map on the table that Martha is pointing her fan at is printed with the words "Plan of Projected Capitol Washing". There are no names or markings on this and if you have any information about this print, please do email me. It is large size at 40 x 28. It is shrinkwrapped to foam board but does not appear to be laid down. I did not unwrap so I cannot say for certain. There a couple of condition issues. 2 tears that extend into the image, top center through the drapes by 2.75 inches approximately. Lower right corner by about .75 inches. There is some loss along the edges. The corners are dinged with loss. Would be an excellent candidate for conservation. This will ship flat.
Please notice shipping charges for this item.
The photographs we post are to used as part of the description as well as what is written. If you require more information that is shown, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I will answer any questions you might have.
We offer alternative shipping methods, depending on the item and shipping destination, that includes the following:
• Local pickup of the item is welcome at our booth in Fort Wayne, Indiana
• We have to approximate what an item will cost to ship, when we list it. There are many variables to that cost. So if by chance our initial cost listed is in excess in your favor of over $5.00 , we will promptly refund the difference. If it is more than we thought…we will just pay it.
• We ship the most economical way in most situations. We sometime opt to ship for a bit more money to insure the item reaches you quickly and safely.
• We are unable to ship internationally at this time
• Due to the age and no control over the future use of this item, it is sold strictly as-is as-shown without warranty expressed or implied.
• You are welcome to schedule an appointment to inspect this item if you are local.
• Please e-mail us with shipping questions or concerns prior to buying.
• For items sold to Indiana residents or picked up locally we are required to collect Indiana sales tax.
• The method of payment for all items sold is Paypal
|Dimensions||45.0 × 32.0 × 3.0 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.