Selling Online Since Dialup 1998
Rare Prise de Trois December 1643 (1939) Copperplate Engraving COA
Prise De Trois – Surrender of three Turkish ships near Tetouan on the Barbary Coast by the Naval Army of the King Louis XIV.
This is a dramatic and beautifully engraved print is notable for having been printed from the original copperplate by the famous Chalcographie du Louvre and has it's original COA attached to the back. This restrike is date 1939. It is hand colored and the plate line is visible completely around the image. It is in its original frame with hardboard backing.
It is 26.5 by 20 inches. The frame shows it's age with scratches and nicks. The glass is old and heavy. The print shows overall toning but no damages noted.
This is a gorgeous engraving and would be wonderful gift to any maritime or military collector. I doubt that you have seen another like it. We haven't!
The photographs we post are to used as part of the description as well as what is written. If you require more information that is shown, please feel free to contact me aand I will answer any questions you might have.
We offer alternative shipping methods, depending on the item and shipping destination, that includes the following:
• Local pickup of the item is welcome in Fort Wayne, Indiana
• We have to approximate what an item will cost to ship, when we list it. There are many variables to that cost. So if by chance our initial cost listed is in excess in your favor of over $5.00 , we will promptly refund the difference. If it is more than we thought…we will just pay it.
• We ship the most economical way in most situations. We sometime opt to ship for a bit more money to insure the item reaches you quickly and safely.
• We are unable to ship internationally at this time
• Due to the age and no control over the future use of this item, it is sold strictly as-is as-shown without warranty expressed or implied.
• You are welcome to schedule an appointment to inspect this item if you are local.
• Please e-mail us with shipping questions or concerns prior to buying.
• For items sold to Indiana residents or picked up locally we are required to collect Indiana sales tax.
• The method of payment for all items sold is Paypal
|Dimensions||32.0 × 25.0 × 6.0 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.